Wondering how often do you feed newborn kittens? If you have found yourself in the unique position of having to care for a newborn kitten, you probably have many questions on how to proceed. A brand new baby kitten is helpless, by cat standards, and will need your round the clock care. A newborn kitten needs to be fed a commercial kitten formula every 2 hours until four weeks of age.
This can be fed using a special bottle created just for feeding kittens and other small mammals, or using a syringe. Your veterinarian can help you learn the best way to feed your kitten, ensuring the kitten receives enough food to grow and thrive.
If you’re caring for a newborn orphan kitten, syringe feeding might be a good option–but you want to make sure you’re doing so carefully. Here’s how to safely feed a kitten via syringe.
- Designed for hand-feeding puppies, kittens and other newborn small animals
- Specially-designed nipple duplicates milking action of mother’s nipple
- Contains feeding bottle conveniently marked in tablespoon measurements for accurate feeding, soft nipples, and cleaning brush
- The bottle, nipples and bottle brush can all be sterilized by boiling in water
- Comes with 2-ounce bottle
This nursing bottle is designed and developed by a veterinarian for hand-feeding puppies, kittens, and other newborn small animals. Specially-designed nipple duplicates milking action of mothers nipple. Kit contains feeding bottle conveniently marked
List Price: $ 4.49
Price: $ 2.49
- Formulated to provide a caloric pattern similar to queen’s milk in protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
- Supplies necessary vitamins and minerals to ensure proper development and growth.
- Ideal supplement for post-surgery and convalescence.
- Easy to digest, highly palatable, easy to mix formula.
- For kittens newborn to six weeks of age.
All natural, no preservatives, made in the USA. A complete food source for orphaned or rejected kittens or those nursing, but needing supplemental feeding. Also recommended for growing kittens or adult cats that are stressed and require a source of h
List Price: $ 13.70
Price: $ 11.71